My website

tmarie.photo@yahoo.com | www.tmarie.biz

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Patchwork Birth Announcement

I am a photographer, not necessarily a designer.  In college for my BFA degree (I was going for my BFA, then got engaged, and in my last year before graduation, dropped down to a BA), I had to take art classes outside of my concentration.  I did ceramics, drawing, watercolor, sculpture, you name it, I did it.  I took a few graphic design classes, but the computer hated me, so I didn't do more than what was necessary.

I never really thought that I would be designing cards, facebook timelines, albums.  I just wanted to take pictures!!!  Now that I am in this business, design and photography goes hand in hand.  Over the last few months, I have been trying to teach myself how to dig deep into photoshop to create adorable pieces.  In searching for design materials, I came across Sassy Designs.

I adore Sassy-designs.net.  This woman has created hundreds of adorable digital paper packs, cute frames, fantastic templates, and many many more items for the bus photographer and designer.

Every once in a while, she will put her entire shop on sale.  During the summer, and most recently right before Christmas, she put everything in her shop on sale at $.25.  Yes, 25 cents…for everything!  This summer, I think I seriously bought up her entire paper stock.  Now that my business is a little slower, I am trying to build up my template stock and last night and today, I created a birth announcement template.  I love it.


Back

Front




No comments:

Post a Comment